Are you a cynic? Or just feeling, at times, like there’s no point to it all?
Well get ready for our new Sermon Series, “What’s the Point? A Look at Life Through the Lens of Ecclesiastes.”
Ecclesiastes is one of the most simple yet confounding books of the Bible. It questions God and systematically shoots down most of our simple explanations for the meaning of life. As Temper Longman puts it, “The sentiments of the main speaker of the book sound incredibly modern. Expressing the uncertainty and anxieties of our own age, he is driven by the question, ‘Where can we find meaning in the world?’”
So join us, beginning September 17, 2017 at 10:45am, as we explore important questions of life and more with an ancient author who repeatedly proclaims, “Vanity of vanities. It’s all vanity.”
Or is it? Come and let’s ask God together, and if you have friends who feel like life is just “chasing the wind” (another great phrase from Ecclesiastes) invite them to come along.
- 9/17 – “Life IS futile! So, what’s the point?!” <– listen now!
- 9/24 – “Is Pleasure the Point? Or Righteousness? Or BOTH?” <– listen now!
- 10/1 – “Our Work is Our Purpose, Right?” <– listen now!
- 10/8 – “What the Point With All This Suffering and Struggle?” <– listen now!
- 10/15 – “Is it Pointless? Yes, That’s the Point!” <– listen now!
For more information, contact Pastor Alisa Lasater Wailoo (email@example.com or 202-546-1000, x222).