You are invited to join United Methodists from DC, Maryland, West Virginia, and Virginia to march in the Capital Pride Parade. The Pride Parade is a great opportunity to provide witness to God’s love for all people.
- Date: Saturday, June 10, 2017
- Meet-Up Location: Our lineup spot is in the Green zone, on 22nd Street between P & Q NW (near Church of the Pilgrims).
- Time: At 4:45pm, LGBTQ Clergy will offer communion. Those who wish to join in fellowship are welcome after 4:00pm. We anticipate step-off for us at about 5:30pm and will be in place and ready to go at 5:20pm. This is an estimate for our step-off time and bring your flexibility! (Note: many street closures in the area; official parade kick-off at 4:30pm.)
- Attire: The Pride Parade is a great opportunity to provide witness to God’s love for all people. Your Church T-shirt, UMC Affiliation Tee Shirt or any solid color shirt; wear comfortable shoes.
- What to expect: Bring water, sunscreen and whatever you need to stay cool on a hot summer afternoon in DC.
The parade route is 1.5 miles in the Dupont Circle/Logan Circle area of DC.
Want to help with the float decoration? Gather at 10:30am on June 10 in the parking lot of Metropolitan Memorial UMC.
ALSO, join us for worship at 10:45am here at CHUMC on Sunday, June 11 as we celebrate 12 years as a Reconciling Congregation.
For more information, contact Pastor Alisa Lasater Wailoo (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-546-1000, x222).