Make plans now to join us on the CHUMC-wide Camping Trip on May 20-21! This event is intended to be family friendly, but all are invited!
- Tent or RV camping (with options for electricity and / or water hookups);
- Rustic cabins (with electricity, ac/heat, small refrigerator, and two rooms) – currently sold out;
- If you prefer, you could also stay in a nearby hotel and join us during the day.
We encourage you make your own reservations, so that you may choose what works best for you. If, however, you need help making a reservation (or even need financial help to attend, PLEASE, let Deacon Troy know ASAP).
Please, let us know when you make your reservations so we have an idea of who all will be taking part. Also, some folks are planning on spending more than one night, so feel free to do that.
Here is our current plan with more details coming SOON!
SATURDAY, MAY 20
- Lunch on your own!
- Early afternoon nature hike coordinated by Robin Walker!
- 4:00pm – Meet at Covered Shelter 2 for:
- Devotional followed by a scavenger hunt!
- Board / Card Games – Bring your favorites!
- 6:00pm – Supper: let us know how many of the following you’d like (and please bring sides to share):
- Beef burger
- Beef dog
- Veggie burger
- Veggie dog
IF YOU’D LIKE TO HELP COORDINATE SUPPER, contact Sarah Price (email@example.com)
- More Games!
SUNDAY, MAY 21
- 9:00-10:30am – Meet at Covered Shelter 2 for Fruit, Pastries, Coffee, Juice, etc. (and if you’d like to help coordinate BREAKFAST, contact Sarah Price (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- 10:30am – Worship
(if you spent the night, you’ll probably want to pack up before worship unless spending Sunday night, too.)
If you’d like to share the gift of music or a testimony during worship, please, let Deacon Troy know!
We are still planning this event, so if you’d like to take part in creating this event, let Deacon Troy, Robin Walker, or Sarah Price know! We’d love your insights!
For more, contact Deacon Troy Sims (email@example.com or 202-546-1000, x223).