Join together in the first Fourth Tuesday Theology gathering:
- Tuesday, February 27, 2018
- In the Parlor
Each Fourth Tuesday Theology gathering is stand alone as each will cover a different topic or theologian. So, you don’t have to worry about missing one. Just join in when you are available!
This gathering will be looking at Julian of Norwich, an important Christian mystic and theologian. With guidance from Lee McCracken, we’ll be considering some of her insights and how they may apply to our life of faith today. She is noted for saying things such as these:
- “Truth sees God, and wisdom contemplates God, and from these two comes a third, a holy and wonderful delight in God, who is love.”
- “Prayer is a new, gracious, lasting will of the soul united and fast-bound to the will of God by the precious and mysterious working of the Holy Ghost.”
- “God, of your goodness, give me yourself; you are enough for me, and anything less that I could ask for would not do you full honor. And if I ask anything that is less, I shall always lack something, but in you alone I have everything.”
- “Some of us believe that God is almighty, and can do everything; and that he is all wise, and may do everything; but that he is all love, and will do everything— there we draw back.”
Have questions or want to participate (or possibly even lead a session)?
Contact Keri Maloney (firstname.lastname@example.org).